|Adobe Acrobat Reader - Do not show any recent files
Set to 0 for 'Documents in recently used list' under Edit > Preferences > Documents > Open settings.
Automatic Login to Windows
-clear the 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' checkbox and click OK
-in the following dialog box, enter the user’s password twice and click OK
Common DNS Server
CloudFlare: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 ( https://126.96.36.199 )
Level3: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
Google: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
OpenDNS: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 ( https://use.opendns.com )
Common Windows Program
Press Start, then Run or Windows Key + R, then type the following:
cleanmgr -> Disk Cleanup
msconfig -> System Configuration Utility
regedit -> Registry Editor
taskmgr -> Windows Task Manager (also works with Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
Google Drive Fix for 'Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.'
1. Locate the "uc" part of the address, and replace it with "open", so that the beginning of the URL reads https://drive.google.com/open?.
2. Load the address again once you have replaced uc with open in the address.
3. This loads a new screen with controls at the top.
4. Click on the "add to my drive" icon at the top right.
5. Click on "add to my drive" again to open your Google Drive storage in a new tab in the browser.
6. You should see the locked file on your drive now.
7. Select it with a right-click, and then the "make a copy" option from the menu.
8. Select the copy of the file with a right-click, and there download to download the file to your local system.
Basically, what this does is create a copy of the file on your own Drive account. Since you are the owner of the copied file, you may download it to your local system this way.
Microsoft Onedrive - remove 'Attachments' folder
-the hidden energy and battery tool for Windows
-Start->Run->type 'cmd' (hold down Ctrl+Shift key for administrator privilege)
-type 'powercfg /batteryreport' generates a report of battery usage of your notebook/laptop/ultrabook/tablet including its manufacturer, capacity, cycle count, and usage history (since OS install)
-type 'powercfg /sleepstudy' generates a diagnostic connected standby report, which tells you which apps/devices are draining your battery and its duration and time incase you need to troubleshoot battery usage problem
Windows Hosts File
Note: Must open Notepad with administrator privileges on Windows to edit and save the file
- Start, type 'notepad', press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. Yes to UAC (User Account Control) dialog.
- In Notepad, browse to %systemroot%/system32/drivers/etc and open the file 'hosts'
- You may need to change the default view from 'Text Documents (*.txt)' to 'All Files (*.*)'
- Make your changes and save.
Recommend HOSTS list: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
Windows 7 Installation Stop
-if it seems to be freezing at "Completing Installation" for a long time
-consider removing ALL plug-in usb devices during this step (including mouse and keyboard) until after installation